Megan's Journey

Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 6 – April 20, 2009

Today, we arrive at AIT at 9:00 for our visa appointment. They have my file, and they ask me to fill out some additional paperwork. I am informed that I am missing two required items. The first is easily obtained. They need two 2 x 2 photos of Megan which I have taken at a Kodak store around the corner from AIT. The second is a copy of my W-2 which I do not have. I had brought a copy of my 2008 tax return but not the W-2 forms. They only need mine but tell me that if David can email it or fax it to them by the next day I can pick up the visa on Wednesday morning. I complete the rest of the process including the brief interview with the officer. We also chat with a family who has an adorable 15 month old girl with whom Megan exchanges baby babble. They are immigrating to the US in September, but haven't decided if they will move to California, Colorado or maybe Texas. After a couple of hours, most of which is waiting, we’re ready to leave. We go directly back to the hotel so I can send an email to David asking him to scan and email the W-2 as soon as possible.

We eat a late lunch at the hotel and then do some shopping around the hotel. We return to Liuligong Fang Gallery to purchase some small glass pieces. We didn’t realize our visit there included babysitting! One of the ladies held Megan and walked her all around the shop. I was afraid we were imposing, so I took Megan back after a little while. The saleslady handed her back somewhat reluctantly though. I do think Megan would go off with just about anyone who would play with her.

We return to the hotel for dinner, and we realize we have kept Megan up too late. She sleeps right through dinner. Back to the room for a bath and a bottle. Megan falls back asleep immediately.

There are two voicemail messages, one from David and one from AIT. Fortunately, David checked email very late at night and immediately scanned my W-2 form and emailed it to AIT. The message from AIT said that they had received my W-2 and that I could pick up the visa at 11:30 on Tuesday. Yeah! We’ll be heading for AIT tomorrow morning and then hopefully to the zoo if it’s a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment